Department of Biotechnology
Name: Dr. Jyoti Kapil
Assistant Professor & Head
Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D, NET
Experience: 12 years
Name: Dr. Neetika Mathur
Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D, NET -JRF
Experience: 8 years
Name: Dr. Meenakshi Fartyal
Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D. (Biotechnology), CSIR-NET (Life Sciences)
Experience: 5 years
Laboratory and Support Staff
Program Outcomes (PO)
- Basic understanding: Knowledge regarding basic concepts of cell biology, Biochemistry, enzyme technology and Environment biotechnology.
- Interdisciplinary approach: Analyze the relationships among animals, plants, microbes and Industry.
- Practical learning: Perform procedures as per laboratory standards in the areas of Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Genomics, industrial biotechnology and fermentation technology
- Analytical Thinking: Perceive things and the events that frame our thinking and actions, checking out the degree to which these assumptions are accurate and valid, and looking at our ideas and decisions (intellectual, organizational, and personal) in the light of scientific principle.
- Effective Communication: Speak, read, write and listen clearly in person and through electronic media in English and in one Indian language, and make meaning of the world by connecting people, ideas, books, media and technology.
- Social Interaction: Elicit views of others, mediate disagreements and help reach conclusions in group settings.
- Effective Writing: Got Skill for Write up in scientific literature and other social media platform related to life science
- Ethics: Recognize different value systems including your own, understand the moral dimensions of your decisions, and accept responsibility for them.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the issues of environmental deterioration, pollution and sustainable development. Developing critical problem solving approach for those societal concerns via bioremediation and integrated management.
The career opportunities of biotechnology are diverse. Professionals can choose to work for a variety of organizations, including government agencies, private companies, regulatory bodies, clinical laboratories, research Institutes and Universities. The major employment areas for biotechnology students are:
|1||5th July, 2016||Instrumentation Learning at Seminal Applied Sciences Pvt. Ltd||Workshop|
|2||6th August, 2016||Visit to Parle Biscuits Pvt. Ltd||Industrial Visit|
|3||15th September 2016||Fun with Learning Activity: Biotechnica||Activity day|
|4||5th-8thDecember, 2016||2nd and 3rd year, summer training and dissertations PPT presentation||Seminars|
|5||7th December, 2016||Science Poster and Model exhibition (I Year)||Exhibition|
|6||18th August 2017||Visit to Central sheep and wool research institute (CSWRI), Avikanagar, Malpura, Rajasthan||Industrial visit|
|7||10th October, 2017||Fun with Learning Activity: Biospectrum||Activity day|
|8||20th-25th November2017||2nd and 3rd year, summer training and dissertations ppt presentation||Seminars|
|9||29th-30th November,2017||Science Poster and Model exhibition (I Year)||Exhibition|
|10||15th-16th December 2017||Two day seminar “Innovative approaches in Biosciences” in collaboration with Indian Science Congress Association(ISCA) and National Bank for Agricultural and Rural Development (NABARD)||National seminar|
|11||23rd September 2018||Jaipur Dairy||Industrial visit|
|12||29th October 2018||Spirulina- The edible algae: nutritive and therapeutic approach towards entrepreneurship||National Workshop|
|13||15th November 2018||'Career Prospects in Biotechnology' by Prof. BrijVerma, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada||Interactive session|
|14||30th November 2018||Forestry Training Institute(FTI)Jaipur for a Workshop on “Biodiversity awareness”||Workshop|
|15||5th December 2018||Science Poster and Model exhibition (I Year)||Exhibition|
|16||15th December 2018||Forensic sciences was delivered by Dr. V. Venkatesh, Additional Director of Forensic Science Laboratory, Govt. of Rajasthan||Extension Lecture|
|17||17th to 21st December 2018||2nd and 3rd year, summer training and dissertations ppt presentation||Seminar|
|18||22nd December 2018||‘Sun Pesticides Pvt. Ltd’, Brother’s laboratory (NABL accredited),||Industrial visit|
|19||12th January 2019||Prof. L.S. Ramaswami Memorial Oration cum Public lecture by Padma Bhushan Dr. Manju Sharma at University of Rajasthan||Public lecture|
|20||21st January 2019||“Nanotechnology- a promising revolution” by Ms. Ankit Goyal||Guest lecture|
|21||7th September 2019||Jaipur Dairy||Industrial visit|
|22||28th September 2019||The Applications of Molecular Markers in Plant Biotechnology by Dr. Rohit Jain, Assistant professor in Department of Biosciences, Manipal University, Jaipur||Guest lecture|
|23||11th October 2019||Biorhythm||Activity day|
|24||25th November 2019||Central Sheep and Wool Research Institute (CSWRI), Avikanagar, Malpura, Rajasthan||Industrial visit|
|25||4th to 9th November 2019||2nd and 3rd year, summer training and dissertations ppt presentation||Seminars|
|26||10th December 2019||“Voltage gated potassium channels as therapeutic targets for autoimmune diseases” by Dr. Saumya Bajaj, Scientist – Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore||Extension lecture|
|27||11th-12th December 2019||Science Poster and Model exhibition (I Year)||Exhibition|
|29||11th December 2020||'Role of Biotechnology in Human Welfare'||Poster Competition|
|30||18th December 2020||'Skill Enhancement For Self Sustenance Through Organic Farming, Terrace Gardening and Hydroponics' by Dr. ManicaTomar, Senior Plant Pathologist, Dr Y.S.Parmar University, Solan, H.P.||Extension Lecture|
|31||4th to 6th and 11th to 13thJanuary, 2021||2nd and 3rd year, summer training and dissertations ppt presentation||Seminars|
|32||4thFebruary,2021||Learning with fun activity 'Biozest'||Activity day|
- In August 2016, the department got a Research Project entitled “Effect of rising temperature stress on growth and physiology of domestic crops of Rajasthan”. It is sanctioned by Rajasthan Rajya Tilhan Utpadak Sahkari Sangh Ltd.(Tilam Sangh), Jaipur
- Diksha Ajmera, B.Sc Biotech part III (2016) got selected for summer training organized by Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS), Bengaluru. She was selected to work under the prestigious laboratory of National Institute of Immunology (NII), New Delhi, for a period of two months.
- In one of the seminars, “Science and Technology, the Indian perspective”, organized by Department of Botany, University of Rajasthan, in collaboration with Indian Science Congress Association, Jaipur chapter, poster of a student, Diksha Ajmera, of B.Sc Biotechnology part III (2016), on “Glycosylation of Amino acids” was awarded.
- In September 2017, the department successfully completed the Research Project entitled “Effect of rising temperature stress on growth and physiology of domestic crops of Rajasthan” which was sanctioned by Rajasthan Rajya Tilhan Utpadak Sahkari Sangh Ltd. (Tilam Sangh), Jaipur in 2016.
- Riya Singh and Ms. Chitra Soni, B.Sc. Biotech Pt- III (2020), got Summer Research Fellowship (SRF) by Indian Academy of Sciences on the basis of their projects entitled “Comparative study of bioplastic sheets from different Variety of Banana Peels”, Crystal Growth centre, Anna University, Chennai and “Determination of antioxidant activity of flowers, leaves and bark of Barringtonia acutangula”, Botany Department, Punjab University, Chandigarh; respectively.
Do you have more questions?
Kanoria PG Mahila Mahavidyalaya
Near Gandhi Circle, J.L.N. Marg, Jaipur (Rajasthan)- 302004
Admission Helpline No.: 9057807070
(10:00 AM to 06:00 PM)
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.