What skills are judged in group discussion?
- How good you are at communication with others.
- How you behave and interact with group.
- How open minded are you.
- Your listening skill.
- How you put forward your views.
- Your leadership and decision making skills.
- Your analysis skill and subject knowledge.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skill.
- Your attitude and confidence.
Do’s and Don’ts of Group discussion:
1. Keep eye contact while speaking
2. Initiate the GD
3. Allow others to speak
4. Speak clearly
5. Make sure to bring the discussion on track
6. Positive attitude
7. Speak sensibly
8. Listen carefully to others
9 Think first before speaking
10. No need to go into much details
· Is Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in retail sector good for India?
· Can the world economy bank upon India for growth?
· Jan DhanYojana
· Advantages and Disadvantages of Demonetization policy
· Freedom of press should exist
· Smart phones
· Is India a secular country?
· Should public sector be privatised?
· Should Yoga be made compulsory in schools?
· Do we really need Smart Cities?
· Describe the relevance of BRICS and its future
· Should single-point GST be implemented?
· Merit or Seniority – Better criterion for promotion?
· Start Up India, Stand Up India - Prospering Entrepreneurial Culture
· Demand for new states, is it justifiable?
· Dowry system in India is curtailed only in law and not practically?
· Should there be exemptions in odd-even rule?
· Do brands rule our lives?
· How would the victory of Donald Trump in USA impact India?
· Internet censorship
· Should NH be made toll free
· Management can't be taught
· Computers dehumanizing society
· Should India destroy the terrorist camps in Pakistan?
· Are women better managers than men?
· Should reservation in higher education be allowed?
· 100 percent FDI in E commerce - what it means to retail business?
· India or Indians Who Is Performing Better?
· India's Democratic Dividend Is Underutilized
· Is India Ready For Ecommerce
· Merits and Demerits of cashless economy.
· Promoting tourism in India.
· Jallikattu - The ban should continue!
· Make in India or Made in India
· Kashmir after BruhanWani’s death.
· Cauvery dispute and its solutions
· Shivaji Memorial - An important structure or a Waste of tax money?
· Would it be digital black economy post demonetization?
· How demonetization is affecting common people more than black money holders!
· Should national anthem be played in cinema halls?
· Is India a really secular country?
· Is it fair to spare political parties from income tax investigation?
· Should referendum be used as a method to take important strategic decisions?
· How digitization is strengthening Indian Democracy?
· Comment on the merits and demerits of online education versus classroom learning
· Freedom of Expression
· Words are Sharper than the two-edged sword
· Planning Commission or NitiAyog – Would the change in name matter?
· Bullet train or Better trains - What does India need?
· Does working along with texting from mobile makes one less productive
· India’s performance in Rio Olympics